Live, Laugh, Love, Military
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate

5 posters

Go down

Debate Empty Debate

Post by Psykiblue Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:34 pm

If a marriage is based on a lie is it a marriage at all?

Debate/discuss- all adults yadda yadda yadda play nice.
Psykiblue
Psykiblue
W-2

Number of posts : 6297
Name : Karla
Hero's Name : William
Military Branch : USMC
Furbabies/Pets : Lucas
Anniversary : 2006-06-24
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://psykiblue.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Debate Empty Re: Debate

Post by CoCo Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 pm

I think it really depends on what the lie is. What lie are we talking about here?
CoCo
CoCo
E-5

Number of posts : 1619
Name : Nicole
Hero's Name : Ryan
Military Branch : None Sad
Furbabies/Pets : Dogs: Kilo and Clay; Cat: Mara
Kids : Brendon (5) and Dylan (3)
Anniversary : Feb. 25, 2008
Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykiblue Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:08 pm

it could be any kind of lie really.

Could be that you married for money not love but the other person thinks you're a total match made in heaven.

Could be that you cheated on your partner the entire relationship (dating/engaged) and continue to do so into marriage.

it really could be anything.
Psykiblue
Psykiblue
W-2

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sportyshorty0204 Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:37 pm

I would say no it would not be a marriage. I say that because if you got married due to a lie then its not a marriage at all because there are no feelings there for the marriage they are only there because of the lie...if that makes any sense?!?!
Sportyshorty0204
Sportyshorty0204
W-2

Number of posts : 5670
Name : Leighann
Military Branch : Active Duty Army
Furbabies/Pets : Lexi
Kids : Madisyn (maddie)
Anniversary : July 22 2006
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-10-20

https://www.facebook.com/sportyshorty0204

Back to top Go down

Post by CoCo Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Ok, so we're talking about something more than lying about your age. Sorry Embarassed

Anyway, I feel that a marriage based on that kind of lie cannot possibly survive. There would be no real love there and one person or another is going to be devastatingly hurt by it.
CoCo
CoCo
E-5

Number of posts : 1619
Name : Nicole
Hero's Name : Ryan
Military Branch : None Sad
Furbabies/Pets : Dogs: Kilo and Clay; Cat: Mara
Kids : Brendon (5) and Dylan (3)
Anniversary : Feb. 25, 2008
Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 pm

lol....adult yada yada yada lmao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm with Leighann. A marriage based on a lie isn't a marriage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:00 am

....yeah, I am with Dallas and Leighann, you are supposed to trust your husband/wife and laying isn't the way to be trustworthy.

Back to top Go down

Post by LindzJ Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:07 am

im with the girls... someone is bound to get hurt in the end.. if you lied coming in then its time to fess up and see where it goes from there... the maybe the two can work it out
LindzJ
LindzJ
Basic

Number of posts : 212
Blog :
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleyc07 Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:54 am

It wont work out if there are serious lies kept away from each other present in the relationship
ashleyc07
ashleyc07
E-9

Number of posts : 3283
Name : Ashley
Military Branch : Army
Furbabies/Pets : Melany
Kids : Sereniti,LaRayne
Anniversary : Dec.28
Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/ashleysuezann
Blog : http://carrollfamily10.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykiblue Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:57 am

but if the guy or girl depending on whose doing the lying will never really know that their marriage is based on a lie. Unless the one lying comes clean.

I just think its a sad state of affairs where you have to lie to your husband or wife every day for the rest of your life- it must be awfully stressful given that you have to be aware of not letting anything slip.

I wouldn't want to be in that kind of relationship anyway- I love my husband but I couldn't marry him just for money or whatever. I need someone that actually stimulates me which conversation etc not someone who I will probably end up resenting.
Psykiblue
Psykiblue
W-2

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 am

I agree with Lindz. It's not something that can't be worked out between two people. It's not like people haven't started or are in successful relationships or marriages that were based on lies. If it's meant to be there will be a desire work on it and with enough effort and committment from both people it will work. However Ashley is also correct. Perpetuating the lie(s) isn't a good idea. Lies aren't exactly the type of strong foundations that are needed to support a marriage. Now just tell Billy that you will never be as happy with him as you would with Michael Hall so that the poor man can move on already. Debate 497706 Debate 849855

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykiblue Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:13 am

Michael Hall whose that? I think you're confusing your fantasies with my reality Razz

Also I am willing to bet that it would take a helluva lot for people to work it out especially if someone has been continually cheating the entirity of their relationship.

How do you work it out from there?

I mean mistakes can happen etc- but to cheat all the time? To me that says I don't want to be married but I don't want to be alone either so I have no issues f***ing over my partner so I can be a selfish ass and get what I want*.

*Which is applicable to both sexes not just female or male.
Psykiblue
Psykiblue
W-2

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:57 am

Michael C. Hall. Sorry. I should have put the C. in there. He's the actor that plays Dexter. I thought about putting Michael Buble down, but I'm still upset over recent engagement. Debate 285685 [/threadjack]

Anyways, I'm coming from the standpoint of cutting the bullshit and confessing the lies. Perpetuating them is not going to help your marriage. It will end. Then you have the situation of only one person will TRULY knowing why the relationship is ending. Even in the case of widows finding out that their deceased spouse cheated or had a hidden child before they married, or just went to Mexico a few times and didn't tell them about it; there is a HUGE sense of betrayal that will ruin the marriage (especially since the spouse is dead and can't explain/defend their actions).

I'm not saying that it wouldn't take a lot of time/work/effort/concessions/cooperation/ect. between the couple, because the fact is that it will. I'm just saying that it's not impossible. People don't have to continue living their lies and fearing exposure. That's not being in a healthy relationship, nor is it healthy for the person. The guilt and stress will affect them in all areas of their life. I'm saying that they should 'fess up, accept the consequences and work their ass off trying to make things work.

There are tons of relationships where infidelity is a constant presence and yet they manage to function. They might not be at the same level of happiness that you or I would desire in our own relationship, but if that's what the couple wants to settle for, then let them go for it. You can't save/rescue the world's dumbasses from their own stupidity no matter how much you want to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down