this kinda made me mad

Go down

this kinda made me mad

Post by Jenamie on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:45 pm

I read this article about two military members who are married with a 2 year old son, and chose to deploy together and to leave there son with his grandparents for 7 months instead of back to back deployments where they would only be together for two week in over a year.

I kinda agree with the couple... but it just makes me mad how bad people are trying to make them look! Sad

http://thestir.cafemom.com/toddler/117281/military_couple_serves_together_leaves?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=military_fanpage

longer article
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-07/us/military.families_1_war-zone-jeff-rice-parents?_s=PM%3AUS

the comets are harsh and to me sounds like people who know nothing of military life... but I just wanted to see how you guys felt about it too??

Jenamie

Number of posts : 6088
Name : Jeni
Hero's Name : Tim "Beetle"
Military Branch : Air Force
Furbabies/Pets : Missy, Kaos, Orion, Comet, Cupid, Snickers, Bowzer
Kids : Shepard
Anniversary : 22 Aug 2009
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: this kinda made me mad

Post by Jenamie on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Oh I about lost my mind!
one of the facebook comments
"Allegra Foggie Brockelman: As a military wife..I couldn't dream of leaving my children for it... You all don't want to know my opinion on women in the military so I won't go there...but anyway, I've seen others in that situation and I think that children need their parents..or at least 1 of them around..not some "substitute" grandparent, aunt, cousin or family friend."

Jenamie

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:21 am

The ignorant are entitled to their opinions (even when they're wrong Razz ) I thought it was slightly funny that everyone kept ganging up on the idea of Seth potentially becoming an orphan and how awful it is having a substitute parent. What do they think of single parents who deploy? Are they supposed to just get a pass because it's "wrong" to leave your kid? Not to mention that by two y/o he's going to know his parents. What annoyed me was the general idea of commentors that mil people are the only ones leaving their kids to go do their "dangerous" jobs. Accidents happen wherever you are. How about next time there is a deadly car wreck we express the fact that they chose to drive and die instead of safely staying home. See how well that one goes over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:11 am

To you point Dallas... In reality more children have probably lost both parents in a car wreck then lost both parents in war. So does that mean parents shouldn't ride in the car together?

Number of posts : 2816
Name : Emily
Furbabies/Pets : Mia
Kids : Alexis (9)
Anabelle (6)
Riley (4)
Blog : http://just-thewayiam.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah. I was thinking of a really bad wreck that happened back home before I moved. The little boy was the only survivor. He lost his parents, siblings and grandparents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenamie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

I know! Its so annoying more Americans die in DC every year than in Iraq.... So lets not drive or go on vacations or fly... plain might go down you know...

Actually funny story my stepmom wont let my sister and dad fly together somewhere because she dose not want to lose them both??? agh stupidity

Jenamie

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenamie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:42 am

Dallasrocks wrote:Yeah. I was thinking of a really bad wreck that happened back home before I moved. The little boy was the only survivor. He lost his parents, siblings and grandparents.

wow that's horrible, but hard to prevent... unless no more family outings in one car...

Jenamie

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:02 pm

I had to take a moment and think about my response without coming off as a total hating ranting bitch.......(thank you hormones) Very Happy

I think that you have to be in that person's shoes to even try to formulate an educated opinion regarding issues with kids, family, parenting and military among other topics. Personally, I have come across some military or former miltary spouses that either are really dumb and live in lala land or do not have the life experience of having their spouse deployed. They just talk to talk or just kinda join the band wagon in giving their 2 cents into the topic. Honestly you have to be there and have that experience to even give your opion, not just say on well so and so was in the military or yeah but they retired.

These poor soldiers thought about their kids and most likely have a strong support system with their families that they were willing to leave their child in their hands. Also, could there have been some type of agreement with their commander that if they deployed this time they might not have to next time. People don't think about that when they make their dumb comments.

When its your time its your time, doesn't matter if you are in your car or in Iraq doesn't matter if you have kids or not that time comes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenamie on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:31 pm

amen Carmen!

And yes I understand raging hormones now... I though I was going to jump threw the computer and smack the girl who said women should not be in the military...

I'm not so mad today but I was steaming yesterday!

Jenamie

Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:33 pm

O/T

Yeah, and sometimes Tim will make you so mad you want to kick him in the nuts or punch him the throat. Or not even he will make you mad but since he will be the closest body near you, you will want to hurt him.....but then in like 5 mins you will love him again.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashleyc07 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:15 am

I agree with you ladies. People should not judge them because they want to deploy together. If I was in the military along with Billy and we could chose to deploy together I might take that chance if something happened I would want to be there or have him there. I do not like leaving my kids with my family to raise which is why I will not join but if I were in their situation I could understand.
ashleyc07
E-9

Number of posts : 3283
Name : Ashley
Hero's Name : William
Military Branch : Army
Furbabies/Pets : Melany
Kids : Sereniti,LaRayne
Anniversary : Dec.28
Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/ashleysuezann
Blog : http://carrollfamily10.blogspot.com
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sportyshorty0204 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 am

I think it is very very very hard to be dual military. We have a pair of friends that are and they only see each other probably a month before the other is gone again. They have a child as well and it is very difficult on all of them. But yeah so many people look badly upon families like that and I really dont think they have the right to. They dont live the lifestyle and everyone is entitled to live how they want to. If that lifestyle works for them, then how is someone else able to say it is "good or bad".
Sportyshorty0204
W-2

Number of posts : 5670
Name : Leighann
Military Branch : Active Duty Army
Furbabies/Pets : Lexi
Kids : Madisyn (maddie)
Anniversary : July 22 2006
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-10-20

http://www.facebook.com/sportyshorty0204

Back to top Go down