What is in a ring?

Go down

What is in a ring?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:20 am

I found this questions on a column on AOL-
"I have a male co-worker who is married -- happily married from what he says. But I notice he hardly wears his wedding band. I asked him about it and he said he's not a fan of jewelry. I have no reason to suspect he's not being faithful to his wife but as a single women I'm always disturbed by married men who don't wear their band. What are your thoughts on this?"-

AOL

Back to top Go down

Re: What is in a ring?

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:23 am

I don't think it's such a big deal, coming from seeing my parents marriage. My dad has always worked on cars in the business and in construction and he cannot wear his ring because it can get caught on something and he can loose his finger or hand or who know what can happen. I have always told James that if it isn't safe for him to wear his ring it's ok, I understand there is a safety issue. My dad wears his ring on weekends when he is out and about with my mom, she has never had a problem with him not wearing it, I don't either.

Back to top Go down

Post by stephanie on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:25 am

While DJ and I both have wedding rings neither of us really wears ours. I take mine off for showers, styling my hair, cleaning the kids, handling food and misc other things. Also with after pregnancy weight loss mine has become big onmy fingers. When I take it off I usually forget to put it on. I go out all the time with it off. Dj takes his off for some of the same reasons but also with being active at work he doesnt want to lose it. Neither of us mind the other one not wearing the ring. Its really nothing more then a symbol. Just becuz we dont wear our rings doesnt mean we're not married and being faithful to each other.
stephanie
E-2

Number of posts : 926
Name : Stephanie
Furbabies/Pets : Cat- Levi
Dog- Choo Choo Wawa & Ari

Kids : Caiden and Shiloh
Anniversary : Jan 27
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by armywife96 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:59 am

I like it when Jon wears his but he hardly does. I have no fear of him cheating on me but I like the idea that he is proud to show he is married. Although he doesn't wear his usually because while at work they aren't suppose to (he is a mechanic), and when he gets home he just forgets. But I like it when men wear their wedding bands, my mom and dad have been married for 38 yrs and he hasn't ever taken it off, so I think that is kind of neat, but unless a guy is trying something I wouldn't ever think anything if they arne't wearing one. Ok I think i am rambling cause I am really tired! lol
armywife96
E-9

Number of posts : 3210
Name : Danielle
Military Branch : Army
Furbabies/Pets : Buddy, Sadie (Dogs), Cleo, Snickers (cats)
Kids : Erika, Brittany and McKinley
Anniversary : 05/11/96
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Psykiblue on Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:20 am

I think it all depends on the couple Smile I like when my husband wears his and I love how it looks on him Smile but when he's working and/or doing something like swimming where we both take ours off it doesn't bother me at all. A ring is just a symbol that we're married and faithful to each other not the end and be all of our relationship.
Psykiblue
W-2

Number of posts : 6297
Name : Karla
Hero's Name : William
Military Branch : USMC
Furbabies/Pets : Lucas
Anniversary : 2006-06-24
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-09-27

http://psykiblue.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by marisa on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:11 am

I don't think that wearing or not wearing a ring symbolizes faithful or not. My dad thinks rings are uncomfortable, so he doesn't wear his, and he hasn't cheated on mom. I like the idea of what the rings symbolize though, even though I take off my engagement ring for cleaning/showering/etc.

Lose Before I Cruise!!! (I swear I'm always trying to lose Mad Can't ever get past this plateau)

marisa
Admin

Number of posts : 5579
Name : Marisa
Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by CoCo on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:52 am

With the lives that our husbands lead, I completely understand if my husband takes his off. Which is why I had special words engraved on the inside so that if a time ever came that he absolutely couldn't wear it, then he could still see how much he meant to me. I know..corny..but it works.

That being said, my husband loves to wear his ring. When we first got married, the ring was actually too small so he insisted on wearing it on his pinky until we were able to get it sized. LOL I love that he wears it and I never take mine off. However, if he didn't want to wear it, I would not be upset...it's just a ring.
CoCo
E-5

Number of posts : 1619
Name : Nicole
Hero's Name : Ryan
Military Branch : None Sad
Furbabies/Pets : Dogs: Kilo and Clay; Cat: Mara
Kids : Brendon (5) and Dylan (3)
Anniversary : Feb. 25, 2008
Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:02 pm

I don't see it has a big deal either, my hubby hardly wears his at work because of safety when he fly's, as long as you trust each I don't see the issue.

Back to top Go down

Post by bright eyes on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:53 pm

Its not a huge deal to me, Matt wears his ring except when hes working out at the gym because it hurts when he lifts, and except when he's in the field sometimes...other than that he wears it and likes to because he really likes what it stands for and dislikes it when chicks hit on him just because he isnt wearing a ring. i wear mine always, except when i'm taking a shower or cooking something really messy.
bright eyes
W-2

Number of posts : 6047
Name : Heather
Hero's Name : Matthew
Military Branch : Army(Hooah)
Furbabies/Pets : Fiona & Pebbles(kitties), Apollo & Riley(dogs)
Kids : Dominic & Esme(impending baby Nicolai #2)
Anniversary : December 9, 2008
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenamie on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:58 pm

My dad never wore his because of his job.
And when Tim is flying again I know he wont where his as much, but we are still newly married so the fun of it has not worn off yet hehe

Jenamie

Number of posts : 6088
Name : Jeni
Hero's Name : Tim "Beetle"
Military Branch : Air Force
Furbabies/Pets : Missy, Kaos, Orion, Comet, Cupid, Snickers, Bowzer
Kids : Shepard
Anniversary : 22 Aug 2009
Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:37 pm

I was to James about it and he said he hasn't taken his off he is afraid of loosing it, and he also hasn't been doing any hard labor either. I can tell is proud of wearing his ring, he even has a tan line on his finger...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by baybeegurl5469 on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 am

Jon always wears his which I love.

However, my dad rarely wore his because of work. He now does but didn't when we were growing up.

I don't think its a big deal, there are tons of reasons why one couldn't wear it...work, allergies, hates jewelry.
baybeegurl5469
W-1

Number of posts : 5154
Name : Krista
Hero's Name : Jonathon
Military Branch : Army
Furbabies/Pets : DeeOGee
Kids : Elizabeth Marie and one on the way!
Anniversary : Valentines Day!
Blog :
Registration date : 2008-09-29

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crafty-Expressions/14932191513630

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:31 am

I think whoever wrote that needs to mind their own business and stop being nosy about their coworker's personal stuff.

Rings are up to the individual and the couple. A LOT of the guys that work with my dad can't wear their rings (they're around electricity). Dad lost his the second week they were married and they've never replaced it. Mark couldn't wear a wedding ring when flying, so we never even planned on getting him one. It doesn't mean that they are, or were going to be, any less married than a guy with a ring. Plus I know plenty of guys that wear their rings and cheat (Midget's donor). Or the skanks that see a ring on a guy as a "challenge".

Personally, I never even really wanted a huge set myself. Yeah, they're pretty, but it's just an extra headache for me. I was always losing my promise/engagement ring when I took it off. Now I have a midget that likes to appropriate my jewelry. She's actually the reason they're missing now...She can't remember where she put them.

For me, I like the idea of ring tattoos.

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:54 am

My husband NEVER takes off his ring and I absolutely love the fact that he loves wearing his ring. =) I only take mine off when doing dishes, taking a shower, or cooking dinner. Other than that, I always have mine on, as does he. I love looking over and seeing that ring on his finger -- but it could be due to the fact that we've only been married for almost 4 months, haha. =) Ahhh... now I'm getting all gushy. I'm gonna quit!
BumbleBee
Basic

Number of posts : 150
Name : Bridget
Military Branch : AD Army
Furbabies/Pets : Bear
Anniversary : Oct. 15, 2009
Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/d0rkiegirlie
Blog :
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BumbleBee on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:55 am

Dallasrocks wrote: For me, I like the idea of ring tattoos.

My sister has one of those. Too bad she's now divorced and stuck with a tattoo of a ring on her finger.
BumbleBee
Basic

Number of posts : 150
Name : Bridget
Military Branch : AD Army
Furbabies/Pets : Bear
Anniversary : Oct. 15, 2009
Myspace : http://www.myspace.com/d0rkiegirlie
Blog :
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by HouseHold6 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:18 am

funny how my role is reveresed
i dont ever wear mine, i work out at the gym twice a day and it got so painful when i lifted weights that i would take it off and lose it, or leave it at the gym, so i left it on my key chain one day and got so busy with life tha ti never put it back on, its always on my mind, but i dont need to wear it to be faithful, russ doenst leave the hosue with out his, i dont think i have ever seen him not wear his, he is so attatched to it cant live with out freaks out if he isnt wearing it and im like whatever its a ring, lol, to me its fancy diamonds on a band to wear when you are out to show off at the right time, other then that i think its a pain in the butt to wear all day everyday
HouseHold6
E-7

Number of posts : 2079
Name : K
Military Branch : Army Hooah
Kids : Shelby and Aliscia
Anniversary :
Blog :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content